How to Stop Hair Loss and Regenerate New Hair With Essential Oils
Research Studies for Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender, and Cedarwood Essential Oils:Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Hair Loss Study In 1998, Scottish dermatologist Dr. Isabelle C. Hay and a team of researchers from the Department of Dermatology at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary studied the effect of essential oils on 86 patients who suffered from hair loss. The double-blind, controlled study took place over a seven month active period with follow-ups at three and seven months after the treatment.
Researchers divided the 86 patients into two groups – active and control. Over a seven-month period, the active group massaged an essential oil recipe onto their scalps daily for two minutes. The control group used the carrier oils jojoba and grapeseed only.
Dr. Hay and the research team found that essential oils safely stop hair loss as well as stimulate hair growth.
- 19 of the 43 patients in the active group demonstrated significant improved hair growth.
- Only 6 of the 41 patients in the control group showed some slight improvement.
- One man in the active group grew a full head of hair after being completely bald.
Many of our Optimal Health Network clients struggle with hair loss, so we decided to see if we could stop hair loss and regenerate new hair.
- cedarwood essential oil
- thyme essential oil
- rosemary essential oil
- lavender essential oil
- carrier oil such as jojoba, grapeseed, coconut
- Either use a small glass oil dispenser jar and mix a large batch for future use or mix enough for a single use in a small bowl (use a total of 8-10 drops of essential oil blend per scalp massage).
- Combine the desired amount of essential oil blend with ¼ that amount of the carrier oil (for a 4:1 ratio). For example, if you mix a single use with 8-10 drops, you should add 2-3 drops of base oil. If you mix a larger quantity of 100 drops, add roughly 25 drops of the base oil. NOTE: Most base oils are difficult to measure in drop quantity, so an estimate is fine. Also, coconut oil may need to be heated and melted before mixing and before each use if it is kept at a low enough temperature.
- Shake or the oils together to mix the recipe. If mixing single use in a bowl, use fingers to mix and apply directly to scalp.
- Always mix essential oils with a carrier oil. Undiluted essential oils are too harsh on the scalp.
- Apply the essential oil recipe to the scalp when the hair is dry for the best distribution.
- Massage oil into small section at a time. Dip fingers into the oil mixture at the beginning of each section and when they become dry. (For detailed instructions and demonstration, watch the above video.)
BUY OHN HAIR REGENERATION ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND