The Enema Series: Our Best Colon Cleanser
Most of us are surrounded by an intense negativity toward colon cleansing. Unfortunately, enemas are where most of this negative attitude toward the colon cleanse lies due to a greater familiarity.
However, there is a long history of the use of enemas:
- Ancient Mayan art shows us that the Mayans believed that there was benefit and wisdom to be found in taking enemas. (The Mayan civilization dates back to at least 1800 BC.)
- The Ebers Papyrus, an Egyptian medical document dating back more than 3,500 years, includes written evidence that enemas were widely used in other ancient cultures. The Greek physician Hippocrates, referred to as "the father of Western medicine," also advanced the use of enema therapy.
- Since the Age of Enlightenment in Western Europe in the 17th and 18th centuries, Western culture has commonly used enemas to support health.
- Dr. Max Gerson (German physician, 1881-1959) applied coffee and castor oil enemas to his cancer treatments.
- Ayurvedic practitioners support the use of enemas (basti).
- There is hardly a region of the world where people have not discovered or adapted the enema. Enemas are found in world literature from Aristophanes to Shakespeare, Gulliver's Travels to Peyton Place.
- In Russia, there are many spas that give enemas. In the Caucasus Mountains, there are dozens of spas where enemas are routinely administered to treat digestive problems and other ailments.
- Chemical enemas, such as the Fleet Enema, generally using monosodium phosphate in their solutions. The Fleet Enema does not optimize your health as the Optimal Health Network enema series does, because the latter is designed to boost immunity, clear the entire colon, optimize for healthy bacteria, and support the liver. Additionally, the Fleet Enema comes in a disposable squeeze bottle that is thrown away after use, contributing to a toxic world. Finally, the FDA has become aware of reports of severe dehydration and changes in the levels of serum electrolytes from taking more than the recommended dose of OTC sodium phosphate products, resulting in serious adverse effects on organs, including the kidneys and heart, and in some cases resulting in death. Serum electrolytes include calcium, sodium, and phosphate. According to the reports, most cases of serious harm occurred with a single dose of sodium phosphate that was larger than recommended or with more than one dose in a day. This is not the case with our therapeutic enema series, which does not use serum electrolytes to cleanse the colon like the Fleet Enema products.
- Nowadays many OHN clients are successfully using enemas to support their health!
Over these past 17 years working with thousands of clients, we at the Optimal Health Network and the Optimal Health Center can confidently say that you will almost always improve your overall state of wellness by taking a regular enema series to cleanse the colon.
Many people need more health support than they are receiving. According to the American Cancer Society, in 2010 American had slightly less than a 1 in 2 lifetime risk of developing cancer; for women, the risk is a little more than 1 in 3.
Click here to learn how to take an enema
For support, please call or e-mail us any time. A clinical or in-home colon cleanse is easy, safe and affordable medicine.