How to Perform a Therapeutic Enema
Optimal Health Network developed the 3-step enema series to help you meet multiple health goals: to clear out the entire colon, to optimize the health of the microbiome, to feed the cells of the colon wall, and to support the body's overall detoxification pathways.
WATCH VIDEO: Why Choose the Enema Series Kit?
The first enema in the series uses Optimal Health Network’s Frankincense and Myrrh Made-for-Enema Goat Milk Soap. This clinically designed goat milk soap contains butyric acid which feeds the colonic mucosa, optimizing the healthy bacteria in your colon. Scientific research has shown that the frankincense essential oil in this soap, of the species Boswellia carteri, offers benefits against colon cancer, in addition to being an anti-inflammatory agent. Myrrh essential oil has a long history of medicinal use, and is valued for its wound-healing properties.
- Use 1-4 quarts of filtered water and Optimal Health Network’s Frankincense and Myrrh Goat Milk Soap.
- Soak the soap in the water for 20-60 seconds. The amount of water and soap varies between people. A more sensitive person needs should use less soap. As you experiment with the enema, your own body lets you know how much enema solution your colon can take in.
- Massaging the abdomen during this time assists the body in receiving the water with less cramping.
The second enema in the series uses water, Optimal Health Network’s Colon Cleanse Essential Oil Blend, and sea salt. This enema helps optimize the electrolyte balance in the colon, and as a prebiotic it also helps to promote the growth of a healthy microbiome. We need to do all we can to support an optimal microbiome, which in turn supports a strong immune system, helps us age well, frees us from ailments such as asthma, and supports a healthy mind.
Directions for the second enema in the enema series:
- Use 1-4 quarts of filtered water.
- Add one teaspoon of sea salt and 2-8 drops of OHN Colon Cleanse Essential Oil Blend to each quart of filtered water.
- The second enema doesn't need to be held. Once the colon is full, sit on the toilet and empty.
One of the most important things to consider about using the enema series instead of a coffee enema by itself is that when you put coffee in the colon, it drives the therapeutic solution along with whatever else is in the colon, such as discarded hormones and waste, into your circulation, which you absolutely do not want to do. We developed our enema series protocol to help you avoid absorbing any unwanted substances back into your system, and to clean out your colon as completely as possible.
Directions for the third enema in the enema series:
- Use one quart of filtered water with one tablespoon to one cup of brewed, organic, made-for-enema coffee.
- After you have taken all of the coffee solution into your colon, hold the coffee enema solution for 12-15 minutes.
- Once the time has passed, sit on the toilet and empty.
If you would like a customized enema series protocol created for you, we do offer phone consultations.