Sample Alternative Health Consultation with Kristina Amelong
After reading my book, Ten Days to Optimal Health, Rebecka wanted more hands-on support.
During the phone consultation (lasting an hour and twenty minutes), we documented the details of Rebecka's health journey and developed an understanding of her deeper health goals. The core issues that emerged in this consultation were her struggles around binge eating, how to best fulfill both her physiological and emotional needs for food, a plan to recover from multiple chemical and food sensitivities, keeping her blood sugar balanced, and her need to develop a gentle, but powerful, in-home colon cleanse program.
1. OVERALL PHILOSOPHY or, "When you feel confused, what are your prime directives?"
- Eat every 2-3 hours
- No gluten grains or sugary foods
- Find foods you love and give you a deep sense of fulfillment
- Keep your blood sugar stable by balancing small amounts of carbohydrates with small amounts of protein and fat each time you eat
SAMPLE DAILY DIET:
Throughout the day:
- 60-70 oz of alkaline water
- 4 oz of beef or chicken with cup of bone broth as a soup
- 1-2 T of coconut oil
- 6 oz of non-starchy vegetables
- Sauerkraut juice
- Homemade sour cream made in yogurt maker
- 8 oz of GT's Kombucha
- Animal protein such as smoked salmon, sardines, or raw or rare buffalo or bison
- Piece of fruit, or 1/2 cup of applesauce, or 1 cup of vegetable and/or fruit juice (carrot, lemon, spinach, parsley, apple, garlic, for instance)
- 2 oz of beef or chicken with cup of bone broth as a soup
- 1-2 T of coconut oil
- 6 oz of non-starchy vegetable (only if needed)
- Sauerkraut juice (only if needed)
- Homemade sour cream made in yogurt maker (only if needed)
- Winter squash with coconut oil and sea salt
- Smoked salmon or canned fish
- Steak or another dinner meat
- 6 oz of non-starchy vegetables (only if needed)
- Second half of the kombucha
Other possible snacks:
- Go Raw Super Chips
- fermented vegetables with black bean chips
- grated, raw carrot salad with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and lemon
2. ONGOING QUESTIONS TO EXPLORE:
- Liver: how do we recover liver health?
- Adrenal glands: how do we recover adrenal health?
We began to support Rebecka's liver and adrenal glands with a custom-blended liquid herbal tonic -- equal parts licorice root, Gymnema, and Echinacea, and a touch of black walnut hulls. This herbal formula addresses adrenal health, afternoon cravings, waking at 1 a.m., blood sugar regulation, pancreatic restoration, bowel health, immunity, and bacterial and parasitic issues.
- Take 1 tsp with breakfast, 1 tsp with 9:30 a.m. snack, and 1 tsp with lunch
3. TAKE AN ENEMA SERIES TWICE WEEKLY and USE ESSENTIAL OIL SUPPOSITORIES 3-5 TIMES WEEKLY
For the first enema in the series, rotate the two made-for-enema soaps. During week one, use the Frankincense and Myrrh Goat Milk Soap; during week two, use the Chamomile and Clary Sage Goat Milk Soap.
For the second enema in the series, rotate lavender, Thieves, Raven, Di-Gize, Purification, ImmuPower, Melrose, and Aroma Siez essential oils. Use the Body Feedback Method for determining which oil or oil blend would work best for you each week.
For the third enema in the series, take a coffee enema using 1-2 cups of water and 1 tsp. of made-for-enema coffee.
Three to five times per week, on the days you have not taken an enema, use the same oil or oil blend in a suppository at bedtime.
4. OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: fecal transplants, probiotics, Saccharomyces boulardii, Ocotea, emotional and spiritual support, vitamin D